2011年3月15日 星期二

Osmotics Blue Copper and Aurora LED to treat rosacea

Osmotics Blue Copper and Aurora LED to treat rosacea

I have had, for a few weeks, rosacea-prone skin on my cheeks. I made sure to use nothing but ReLuma’s serum in the vicinity but, while this kept the rosacea under control, it wasn’t going away. Then an encounter with the nice people at Osmotics gave me an idea: to pair one of their Blue Copper products with LED light, plus daily vitamin D supplements. As a rosacea treatment, I think I have hit on a winner.

According to Osmotics, copper helps with inflammation and rosacea. Osmotics is also a big champion of LED light and they use it to demonstrate their products at Nordstrum stores. So I decided to try Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Molecular Repair Treatment ($125 in the TIA shop) with my Sirius Aurora light ($149 in the TIA shop).

Blue Copper 5 Molecular Repair Treatment is an anti-aging treatment that is aimed at improving skin texture and tone in seven days. It does actually work (see my review for more) and would be well worth using before a big event where you want to look good. It is a bit expensive (although you can eke it out as there is enough in each ampoule for two day’s use).CALLS have been made to turn off the lights at one of led lighting Oxford's busiest junctions, after the traffic ran more smoothly when they failed. Targeted only at the apple of my cheeks, one ampoule lasted a whole week.

I applied Blue Copper 5 Molecular Repair Treatment each morning and then again in the evenings with the red light of the Sirius Aurora (a reasonably-priced LED device that I reviewed recently), one constant light session and one flashing. I did this for a week (although was forced to skip one evening). I noticed that my skin looked calmer and less violently red after the first session. After three, there wasn’t even a hint of a pustule and after the full seven days, I really look better and I am predicting that twice weekly maintenance should do the trick from now on.

I am also taking a daily vitamin D supplement. In 2007,Corrine Grimley Evans, a spokesman for the Oxford Pedestrians cfl bulbs Association, said the county council's plans for a redesign involving roundabouts would improve life for those on foot. Dr Richard Gallo of the University of California discovered that peptides known as cathelicidins and the proteolytic enzymes that activate cathelicidins in the skin are abnormal in patients with rosacea. And then a study in Belgium of all the research in the last couple of years has made a connection between the regulation of cathelicidins and vitamin D.

There are other theories about roscaea and one of the most widely held is that it is an inflammatory disease.The lights, which change colour, are part sky lanterns of the continuing overhaul of the centre. Plans are currently underway to install new tiered seating in the main auditorium which is due to be completed in the summer.   In which case, LED is likely to be helpful."The trick was to get this compound into a fiber dstti structure, something that had never been done before." Using an innovative high-pressure chemical-deposition technique developed by Justin Sparks, a graduate student in the Department of Chemistry, Badding and his team deposited zinc selenide waveguiding cores inside of silica glass capillaries to form the new class of optical fibers.

TNF-a (tumor necrosis factor) stimulates many of the other cytokines and enzymes involved in the inflammatory process and in the tissue destruction caused by rosacea. Therefore, decreasing TNF-a levels should theoretically help. I have seen references to studies demonstrating that low-level light therapy (LED) reduces levels of TNF-a.He said that a county council employee had witnessed a near miss between led lamp a car and cyclist, and he added: "If the argument is leave them off for good, then the answer is ‘no'."

I have also read that rosaceans have a reduced capacity to counter the negative effects of reactive oxygen species (ROS), increasing levels of superoxide dismutase (SOD). LED may increase levels of SOD.

I haven’t been able to find any specific information that would link copper to the treatment of rosacea. It would have been nice, for example, to find a link between cathelicidins and copper peptides. But, for now, I’ll just have to go with the evidence before my eyes: my rosacea has largely cleared up after a week of Blue Copper 5 and the Aurora. The added bonus is that both these products are very useful anti-agers as well.

沒有留言:

張貼留言